Thursday, November 20, 2008

Delbert's 60th Birthday



Happy Birthday to Ben's dad, Delbert Wolfe. It was his big 60th birthday and we got him. We threw him a surprise party at our home and he never caught on. Linda and I worked on it for 2 months and he never had a clue. He came up to the house for cake and ice cream. His other son, Andy and his family were here with framed pictures of his life; kids, houses, military service, pets, jobs, etc. A few close friends came first and he really didn't think much of it. Then his childhood friend and his wife came in and he got a little teary eyed. 58 people came to celebrate this good man. He does so much for so many of us. Happy Birthday Delbert!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Very cool! I love it when surprise parties actually work. And that cake is perfect for Delbert.

Happy Belated Birthday to him!

PS- That pic of you on Hannah's bar is pretty sweet. I hope you were preparing to do some sort of flip.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Glad all your hard work paid off! Delbert looks soooo happy! Great job!

Loralee and the gang... said...

Hey I was hoppin' around from Melissa's blog, and happened to come across yours and to my surprise I spied a picture of my parents! (Hal & Dorothy Merritt). And what a fun birthday party for your husbands (?) dad! (btw, great blog!)
:D