Monday, December 14, 2009

God Knows Us

"God knows us and know our needs, but it is generally through another person that He meets those needs." Spencer W. Kimball

I read this for the first time right before my mission and it has become my life quote. One of those quotes that you never forget and means so much to you. I recall being the person Heavenly Father used to help someone. I recall seeing other's being instruments in His hands for my family, friends and acquaintences. I recall and cherish all of you who have been my needed "person" to help me through my life.

I have a horrible memory of my childhood (at least compared to my sisters), but I do remember those who served me, taught me, impressed me, lead me, influenced me, showed me and laughed with me. I wish I could list you all. But I want you to know that your impact on my life is appreciated, felt, loved and cherished.

I have been given wonderful parents, grandparents, sisters, husband, children, teachers, friends, co-workers, (no bosses: eek!), roommates, mission companions, neighbors, those I serve with and have served with in callings, visiting teachers (I almost hate to admit this, but what would I've done without Lois Pinster in my life.), leaders, teammates, parents of friends, and many teachers (my own and my children's).

Whether it was a lesson that changed my perspective, an example that set me straight, an experience that altered by life pattern (my in-vitro buddy), an unconditional love that never waived, an expectation that I either was hell bent on breaking (I was NOT the first of my Laurel class to get married, I was the last!) or would rather die than not fulfill. I have been molded by the hand of my Heavenly Father by you. I always wonder with every new calling, new friend, new neighbor, or visit with my family and friends what I'll learn, what I'll experience, what need will be fulfilled by those around me. There is so much to learn. I'm so grateful for His loving hand in my life and for all of you.

So on my birthday, I am grateful for my testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, my temple sealing to my wonderful parents and sisters, my temple sealing to my amazing husband and children, my life, my "people". You are appreciated by little ole' me.

7 comments:

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

I am grateful for you! You are an example for me and I love you. Happy birthday Stacey D. Wolfe!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Happy Birthday!!! How old ARE you anyhow? I mean to have lived all of this and experienced so much...you must be super old!

Jackie said...

Love you Stace! I'm grateful for you too. I hope your birthday is the bomb.

PS- Did you know of all my college girlfriends, they voted me to be most likely to get married first? Turns out I was the last. Boo-ya. Guess I just can't help taking after you in yet another way... :)

Dina said...

What a sweet birthday post! We all love you and your great example of love and service to all of those around you. (I think your love language is "Acts of Service", no?) Happiest of Birthdays to you today! Let's get together cuz I miss you!

Joyce said...

What nice b-day thoughts. Happy, happy b-day to our #1. You are our favorite of course - just don't tell your sisters. Every time I hear Pres. Kimball's quote, I think of you. I know you've been the answer to my prayers in one way or another many, many times. Love ya.

Emily said...

Great post Stace! I love you and hope this year is as cherished as the last...(I stayed up past midnight reading your NieNie story and will never get out of my mind her hands)

Tiera said...

Happy Birthday! Hope it was a good one!