Thursday, January 21, 2010

Frustration!

Here is the scenario . . . .

Jack, Molly and I are walking out of the gym. We are parked along the sidewalk, so we head towards the van. Jack wants an animal cracker and I said he had to wait until we got in the van. He stops, sits down and won't budge. I continue to walk to the van, within site of him, just down the sidewalk a few cars. I put Molly in and buckle her up. I walk back to the top of the van and tell him to come. He won't, he is just sitting on the ground. MANY people are walking by wondering whose kid this is until they look down the sidewalk to see me staring at him. I think to myself, "I dare you to judge!".

Older lady walks by after Molly is situated. She doesn't know I have more than one kid. I call for Jack to come again. He stares at me. The lady walks by Jack and then yells back at me. "I don't know why you are putting up with his behavior. You should watch the dog whisper." She glares and walks into the gym.

Really????

14 comments:

Smith Family said...

wow!! Can't believe how rude some people are? I think it takes more effort to be rude then to just help someone out. Remind me to tell you about my parking story one day......

Jackie said...

Wow, and some people wonder why their cars get keyed...

Angela said...

I bet she's never had kids - just dogs!

Dina said...

The only people that are judgmental are those that haven't BTDT.

Emily said...

That has totally happened to me...all I can say back is Bite Me! I've done it too!!! LOL!

the meyersons said...

Oh man. Yeah, Stace-you need to be the Alpha dog! hahah! That lady likes dogs...how can she have any grasp on reality?

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

That makes me tired!

Tiera said...

Give me a break. Sorry that happened.

The Christexans said...

The best part about this post is that it is right after the one titled. . . Do NOT Alert Children Services. ha ha. Sometimes we just get too much advice don't we? Here in Switzerland I can leave my whole brood in the car while I go to pay for gas. I think I'd be arrested for that in the States. But, if we cross the street and someone's coat isn't buttoned all the way up or a hat isn't on or they aren't holding my hand-the advice starts to roll.
The poor lady that criticized you probably only owns dogs!
You're a good mom. Go ask Jack. He'll tell you and then give you a slobbery kiss. For sure.

CYD said...

don't even get me started on people comparing children to dogs. here in NJ people treat their pets like kids and they seem to have more rights than humans do! you know what i say-BITE ME!

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Interesting comment???? Makes me want to go private. Hmmmmm??

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Interesting comment???? Makes me want to go private. Hmmmmm??

Anonymous said...

Easily I acquiesce in but I about the collection should acquire more info then it has.