Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Big Island

Oh yea baby!! Paradise with my sweet heart. Life is GOOD!
Chillin' on the beach. I read 4 books, he read 2. My kinda pleasure!

Pina Colada by the hour. Delicious!

Manta Ray Night Dive was amazing. A highlight of my life for sure!!


Someones catch of the day. 6 yellow fin tuna each weighing hundreds of pounds. Ben was salivating. Oh the sushi he could make . . .


A fun walk through a farmer's market in Kona. The avacados were enormous, but there was so much delicious food. You almost wanted a kitchen to make something in. Almost. Mangos, papyas, bananas, flowers, shirts, necklaces, all things Hawaiian. Fun times!

Mauna Kea beach-divine!!

North coast, Waimanu Valley. Black sand beaches and beautiful cliffs. Best Sunday drive I've ever been on.

Kona Hawaii Temple

It was a fabulous trip and I'm so grateful I over came my mother's guilt to go. We needed it and it was worth it! Thanks to all the gals and guy that helped out with the kiddos. They had a nice break from us as well. Thank you!

6 comments:

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Aloooooooha! I wish I could come over and look at the rest of your photos in person. Come on down and see my new surgery scars instead.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Oooooooo baby! Very nice! The night dive looked amazing! Luke just came over plopped down and said, "I am eating here...this is too cool"! He will be joining you next time!

Glad you could get away! How come you never invite me? Juuuuuuuuust Kiddin!

Janessa Couch said...

What a fun, and much needed, couple retreat! One day Mitchell and I will make it to Hawaii. I can't wait!

Rachel said...

Wow! I can't believe you dove at night!!!

Beth said...

looks like a fabulous time!Glad you had alone time. What books did you read?

CYD said...

Looks fun and warm and beeeeeautiful! Nj is just like Hawaii, right? :)