Sunday, October 28, 2007

If Your Lucky Enough to be at the Beach, Your Lucky Enough!


We went down to a beach house in Gleneden last weekend. It was so nice to get away from all our projects and have some good 'ole family time. We stayed at the house all day Friday and Sunday, just running down to the beach between storms. It would clear up and be warm and sunny. Then a strong wind would blow a big storm in and dump sheets of rain. It was fun to watch.

We made all kinds of fun meals and treats, watched lots of movies, played games, crafted, read, etc. It was great!

Saturday we went down to Newport to a lighthouse, the Oregon Aquarium and lunch. Hannah was so excited to see a real lighthouse. They climbed to the top and checked out the lantern. They both were full of questions for what it was used for. The ocean was really stormy, so it was an easy object lesson of what the ships did to avoid the point of land we were on. The Oregon Aquarium was very interesting and the kids LOVED the "Touch Tide Pools". They spent almost an hour touching star fish, sea cucumbers, sun star fish, sea anenome, crabs, fish, etc. Jack decided to take a nap during most of it, but he really liked the sea lions and seals. They put on quite the show for us.

Newport 2007
Slideshows and scrapbooks - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own slide shows and scrapbooks

4 comments:

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

How fun! I don't think I have every been the Oregon Coast when it was sunny. Huh...I was really trying to think of a time and I can't. Yet somehow it brings back warm memories to see these pictures! The kids look great and I wish I could have been there too!

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Not even when you would go down with Molly? I'm sure it was sunny then. Really?? I guess you'll have to come and visit in the summer and we'll go search out the sun. It does shine occassionally here. :0)

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Hey! Sounds like a plan to me! I think that I went once when it was sunny, but by the time we went to the beach to play it was raining. Sigh...

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Notice I never had my camera when it was sunny this trip. We usually ran outside real quick when the sun came out so we wouldn't miss it. I would rush out without the camera. Oops!