Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wisdom of a 4 Year Old

On Sunday I was helping the Primary kids fill out a Mother's Day questionnaire about their mothers. What color is your mommy's hair? How old is your mommy? What makes your mommy happy?

So I was helping Tristan Rogers fill out his paper. He is 4 years old and my buddy! (His mother is an AMAZINGLY strong person.) I asked him, "What does your mommy love to do?" He said, "She loves to go to work and school." I then asked him, "What makes your mommy happy?" He responded like a wise old women . . . "Being Done". Amen!!!

Being Done is what makes me happy too. Being done with laundry, being done with my list, being done with hall duty, being done with the dishes, being done with exercise, being done with the day. Being done makes me happy!

4 comments:

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

I so enjoy being done that I often have a hard time going to sleep at night. You see, I'm fighting it! I don't want to be un-done the next day!

Janessa Couch said...

Hall duty.....ha ha. I am just starting so you are the lucky one. :) He is a pretty cute kid. That is really funny. I love your new background.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Being done with homework!!!! (can you guess what we are doing right now?)

Emily said...

Ahhhh to be done....what exactly is that? I know I am done having babies! Does that count?