Monday, July 13, 2009

My Own Personal Everest



We all have times in our lives when some things are more difficult than other times in our lives. For instance . . . walking 2 miles was a piece of cake a few years ago. In fact 2 miles was 5 miles. I would do it 4 times a week with friends right from my house. It was a daily highlight. I loved it.

Fast forward 2.5 years and it is as if I was climbing Mt. Everest to get 2 babies, 2 binkies, 2 blankets, 2 sippy cups, 2 hats, the double stroller and myself ready and out the door for a 2 mile walk. I talk myself through every step. Knowing that at any moment I may have to turn around because one or both babies are throwing a fit. It is more of a mental challenge than a physical challenge. Though I am pushing 60 pounds of baby and stroller. I'm always glad that I've done it, but getting the courage up to make that first step toward preparation and then out the door is a leap of faith for me. Silly to some, pathetic to others, "I've been there for many", and finally an accomplishment for me. This is my first day of accomplishing it and can gladly say I have done it many times since. Even beating off some dogs in the journey on some days. But I do it and I love it even if I don't make it the whole way some days.

4 comments:

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

All I can say to that is...YEAHOOOOO!

(oh and carry a stick sista cuz the dogs down the street scare the livin @#*! out me!)

Jackie said...

You can do it!!!

Smith Family said...

I take it that you like so many of us have given up on the gym!

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Oh no, I'm still at the gym, but some days I like to walk rather then go into the gym. . . again.