Friday, August 19, 2011

Mt. St. Helen's Adventure

I pulled a Joyce Dunlop Tuesday morning. I woke up and decided to go for an adventure with the kids. My mom use to do this with us all the time. I have been trying to get up to Mt. St. Helens with Ben, but there just isn't enough weekends in the summer. We loaded up and off we went; me, 4 kids and a puppy. It was great! We didn't hit it all, but enough to really appreciate the amazing event and the change it made. All the kids enjoyed some aspect of it; Jeff loves to be outside, Hannah loved the penny presses, Jack wanted the volcano to explode and demonstrated this over and over and over, Molly was just happy to be on the go. She sang countless times, "Go, go, go, on an adventure" from "Cat in the Hat". It was adorable. I loved just exploring! It is still amazing to see the effects of the blast, the landslide, the change in the landscape. Even 31 years later. It also made me want to climb to the summit again with Jeff. Maybe next year :)








The big kids did point out that we had been to 4 states in 3 weeks; OR, CO, UT, & WA!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I'm so used to seeing the mountain from the other side, that I forget what it really looks like!

Way to be spontaneous. Looks like a fun adventure!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Wow what a day! How fun!