Monday, September 8, 2008

It's GREAT to be EIGHT!




Hannah was baptised a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on July 20th, 2008 by her dad in Birmingham, Alabama. All my family were there (except the Mortensen clan--sad) and it was a very nice service. My family rallied around and did the program, the talks, the prayers, the music, witnessed, filled the font, everything. It was a heart warming and momentous day for Hannah and everyone there.

The last time we were all together for a baptism was my brother in-law, Phil's baptism. He spoke to Hannah about his conversion and shared his testimony to all of us. I really appreciated the love and spirit it brought to the day. What a great example for my kids and to me!

I appreciate all of you that helped and all those who supported her baptism whether you were there or not. She is a very loved little girl!

8 comments:

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Hannah! Congratulations. We still talk about you all the time. When you get a chance, please sneak out and come down to visit us. We need an older sister just like you.

Emily said...

So pretty. What a great picture of the whole family. It captures everyone's personality so well...thanks for forcing yourself to post them...I know everyone appreciates seeing Hannah's baptism.

Jackie said...

You looked beautiful, Hannah B!! We're so glad we got to be there for your big day. And a baptism picture right by a temple?? Doesn't get cooler than that...

Miss you tons. :)

Rachel said...

cute family, cute blog! Look forward to our dinner on the river!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

What great pics!!! We sure love you miss Hannah!

Melissa said...

I love the picture of your family! What a happy memory for you all!Wish we could have been there to help celebrate.

Anonymous said...

I'm still blown away by your comment late the night before her baptism - "oh, we don't have speakers or music or anything planned!" Within minutes we had a really great program put together, and Cyd was typing it up.

I love our family.

CYD said...

That was a great day and Hannah looked so cute.
May I please just say those pics in the shade are too dark? That lady totally steered us wrong and I feel guilt as the camera-lady. Daaang. But I guess you're not squinting!!