Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I am Like a STAR

Jeff is a STAR, or a Star ranking in BSA. He earned 7 merit badges and his Star ranking last night at the Court of Honor. He has worked hard to get all the service hours, merit badge requirements and projects done. He even was MC for the event. Big night for my "baby". I can't believe how big he's getting!!

I have to say how grateful I am for our troop. There are at least 40 boys if not more. Most of them received a MB or 2 last night. The Priests are almost all Eagle Scouts and such good roll models for the younger boys. The YM leadership is stellar and do great things of the boys. You can feel the respect and appreciation the boys have for their leaders. For a gal who grew up in Alabama with 10 youth total in our ward, I really appreciate a strong youth group. What a blessing!!

Good job Jeff!!


5 comments:

Joyce said...

Yeah Jeff! I'm sure proud of you. Your Great Grandpa Maron has gotta be really proud of you too - he was a super scouter/leader. Are you still sewing your own patches on? I'm glad I can say I taught you something!

DinaJ said...

Yeah Jeff! Jack just got his Star too. It's a stinkin hard amount of work!

Jackie said...

Goooo Jeff! Very cool.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

High Fives buddy!!!

CYD said...

That's awesome Jeff! You'll have to help us when Ty gets into scouting b/c Phil was never in scouts and I don't know anything!!!