Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Up, Down, Up, Down



Given it is only 10:30am, but my morning (as are all mornings) was full of ups and downs.

UP: Molly slept from 10:30pm to 6:15am--7 hours and 45 minutes people!!!!

DOWN: Molly and Jack woke up at the same time, no time to fit a shower in.

UP: Molly decided to take a little snooze, shower time!

DOWN: Jack screamed the WHOLE time I was in the shower.

UP: I had clean underwear. I had to run down nude to the dryer to get it, but clean none-the-less.

DOWN: Jack was taking a bath in my tub. It wasn't very full, not enough to cover the jets. He figured out how to turn the jets on and water shot up in the air six feet high from all six jets. He soaked me, the floor and the vanity. Scared himself so bad he was screaming!! Once we got him calmed down and back in the tub, he pooped in the bathtub. Meanwhile, Molly screamed bloody murder while I took care of all of this.

UP: My neighbor dropped off an adorable dress for Molly and held her while I finished getting Jack dressed.

DOWN: Fishing the poop out of the tub, MY TUB, that is very difficult to lean into.

UP: I hid an "Amy Seymour" cream puff left over from our presidency meeting last night. I was saving it for a particularly difficult time today. I ate it by 9:30am. Not good!

DOWN: I made Jack cry because I wouldn't share the cream puff. You wouldn't either if you saw his snotty, green nose.

UP: Both babies went down for an early nap, because they are both exhausted from their colds and crying ALL morning.

DOWN: I have THE largest load of whites to fold. It is enormous!! I think my family intentionally wears all the white clothing they own, because they know how much I hate the white load.

UP: I know from personal experience that this won't last forever, just a few years. Buck up lil' camper!!

13 comments:

Kacie said...

Hi Stacy.....It's Kacie (Malouf) from your old ward in Portland. I saw your blog from Jenny's. Anywho...I had to laugh at this post because it sounds so familiar. Disturbingly familiar.

My favorite part was when you said that it wouldnt last forever....thanks for saying that. I'm hoping it's true.

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

I hear you. Perhaps you should turn on Hairspray. It has a magical power over my kids. They ALL sit still and watch it. They're watching it now.

Jackie said...

You kill me Stace!!!! And your day makes me tired. Oh so tired...

Jackie said...

You kill me Stace!!!! And your day makes me tired. Oh so tired...

The Christexans said...

Oh you have jarred the memories of all who have had two little ones close together. You had to jar them out of us, because we hardly have any memories of that busy time. Hang in there!

Sarah Lee said...

I'm sorry Stacy that I get such a big laugh at your expense but, that post is soo funny!!! I think that it is especially funny because I think that we have all been there. Hang in there you are a great Mom!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

I seriously can't see what i am typing from the tears in my eyes from laughing! My favorite was the bathtub spraying scene ending with poop and the running naked to the dryer to get clean G's...Dan tells me often that we have a drawer for them, but I like to keep it interesting and keep them in the dryer for weeks at a time. By the time you need more the dryer is empty and it's time to wash again.

Thanks for the morning giggle!

Emily said...

Hello! Wow, I am so glad that other people can put into words exactly how things really happen! How come magazines don't tell you this is really what it's like? I think I can relate to every single thing you just said. Ditto my friend. Been there, done that....then I am sure your husband asked you what you did today? I would have left the poop for him...

Luv yah
Emily

Kim said...

I loved it Stacey! I totally know about saving Amy's cream puff for a "down" time. I had one at 4 am the other morning. Thanks for the great mental images to keep me laughing. You are hilarious!

CYD said...

Um, I'm exhausted just reading this. I suppose I can't complain about my morning then...

Rachel said...

I love this post. Sometimes a shower is all you can ask for. . . throw in a cream puff and life is wonderful!

Jackie said...

Where Stacey is??

Jen said...

I can't believe you didn't just pack up and leave the brood right then....those are the days I usually try to hand my resignation to Jesse, but he never takes it! Thanks for reminding me that all these days shall pass....:)