Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Another Unwanted Guest


We were out of town this weekend and left the cats a large bowl of food and some water. The great thing about cats is they take care of themselves. My neighbor, who must of thought I was the worst pet owner, called to say that Malcolm had been at their house for a couple days, crying. She sent her daughter over to check things out and Madison found the garage cracked and empty bowls. Darn raccoons!!! Our neighbor fed my cats some tuna fish and all was good. (I had run out of food.)

So I return from the trip. Curse the coons. Make a Costco run for food first thing Monday morning. Feed the "starving" cats (I thought they knew how to hunt.) Alls wells . . .

Last night, Ben went down to the garage late to turn off the sprinkler system (it was going to rain) and heard the cats eating. He leaned over to take a look and Whoa. . . . it was a skunk. He was sitting there eating the cats food . . . the WHOLE bowl!! Ben took off, quick as lightening, in his underwear. What is Ben's main concern? Not the thought of a smelly garage, the van, the house, the cat door to the house, the cats, no--his truck. His precious Cecil (the diesel). He opened my garage door, threw a boot at it, scared it under his truck (I would of paid the skunk at this point to let a bomb off.) and gave up. I was laughing hysterically upstairs. What are the chances??

So we have had bats, snakes, deer, raccoons, salamanders, birds, Uncle Dan and now . . . a skunk welcome themselves into our home. I hate to ask what's next.

8 comments:

Jackie said...

Yikes! Apparently the word is out in your local forests: the Wolfes provide free food to all small enough to get into the garage.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

What a HOOT!

(put the skunk in your van so you can get a new one~hee hee)

the meyersons said...

You can always use this as leverage. Threaten to let the skunk in his truck.

Kandis said...

I couldn't help but notice the baby calendar at the top!!!!!! Whawhat! How exciting. I can't believe you'll be having baby #4! Congrats

Anonymous said...

Kandis - she can't believe she's having baby #4 either! We love it!

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Boy, and I thought ants were unwelcome guests. Maybe your skunk was after your dog - like Pepe Le Pew.

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

We don't have a dog and the black and white dog next door moved last month. Maybe he misses her and is hitting on my cats out of desperation. Sad!

i'm jackie. he's doug. said...

new post! new post!