Monday, September 17, 2007

Another day in the life of Wolfe

I was replying to a friend about her week and updated her on ours, so I thought I would share some of our "going ons".

Jeff and Hannah are playing soccer again and we have found the answer to playing soccer without it consuming family life. Some very smart parents started a soccer club at our church. It's free and you pay $3.40 for a t-shirt. Parents attempt to coach, some better than others. It is only Tuesday and Thursday (NO SATURDAYS!!!!)for an hour. It is perfect for those of us who know we are not raising professional soccer players. Jeff and Hannah look great on the field and love the pace. Ben and I love the no Saturday thing. It is so liberating to have a Fall Saturday free. We've been cutting wood and working on our landscaping. Fun, fun!!

Jack is on day 6 of "a sever case of croup". He sounds like Darth Vader and his voice is funny. He coughs a lot and cringes. I feel so bad for him, but in typical Jack fashion, he's smiling from ear to ear.

Ben experienced his first Scout campout. (He was called to Assistant Scout Master a couple months ago.) 15 boys, 3 leaders for the annual wood cut up on Mt. Hood. He got to use his chain saw all morning and got away from the silly boys, so alls well. I guess some of the boys insisted on sleeping "under the stars" (no tent) in 40 degree windy weather. Boys??? What are they thinking????

I burned 3 fingers yesterday making cupcake and spent the rest of the evening trying to make dinner with one hand in a bowl of ice. Frustrating!! Thanks to Ben, the kids, and Linda we finally ate around 7:00pm. It didn't stop hurting until 1:00 am. I don't know if it stop hurting or I was so tired, my exhaustion was stronger than the pain.

Our presentation is next Sunday, so we have our practice on Saturday and then "show time". I'm playing the calm, don't stress counselor. The President is wound up tight and the other counselor is somewhere between us. It will be nice to have this hurdle jumped and we can go back to our routine Sunday activity and new songs!!!

Well, that is life at our house this week/weekend/month. I'm off to play with my new Cricut machine, thanks Jackie!

Happy Birthday to Kenners!! I still can't believe your TWELVE!!! So mature. :) Hope you had a great day.

Signing off, One Crazy Mama!!

1 comment:

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Day in the life of the Wolfe's...CHECK!