Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Great Excavator: Every Boys Dream


Last Friday and Saturday we rented an excavator to assist in the overwhelming landscaping project. Ben, Delbert, and Jeff leveled areas, moved dirt, moved boulders, scraped out a LOT of gravel, dumped many loads over the hillside, etc. It was quite the project and they got so much done. It was amazing to see how much they could get done with the help of a VERY COOL toy. The three of them were in heaven. It was like they were little boys playing in the sandbox again. Jack LOVED watching the guys and playin' in the truck. I think he even got to ride in the excavator once. I am so grateful for my hard workin' boys!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty sweet! I'm surprised Jack doesn't know how to drive that thing yet.

I bet Jeff loved every minute.

Jackie said...

Awesome! The pic of Jack (a/k/a my Namesake) is especially cute--it looks like he's in his happy place.

Anonymous said...

Hey - rent that again when I'm there! How fun! You've heard of the movie "Holes".........

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Boys and their Toys...

i'm jackie. he's doug. said...

So what else is going on?? Give us an update. :)

Tiera said...

About a month ago my dad had an excavator at their house they are building. He let the boys scoop and dump for awhile. They loved it!! Even Scott wanted to try. He is just as much a kid as the rest of them!